The universe is wide and full of mysteries. We all need to be prepared for any threat that can be thrown at us. From a Vanduul attack to pirates coming to steal our supplies we worked hard for. We will be ready too.
To make this possible every member of NOVA are required to choose a combat role upon joining. In case of emergency NOVA will require you to fulfill your duty and protect what is ours. There is a combat role that will suit everyone.
- Fighter pilot (ex.: pilot of Arrow, Hornet, Superhornet, etc)
- Combat ship pilot* (combat multi crew ships ex.: Hammerhead, Retaliator, etc)
- Marines (FPS combat, this also includes ground vehicles)
- Gunner (ex.: gunner in Hammerhead, Retaliator, etc)
- Support ship pilot* (ex.: pilot of Vulcan, Apollo, Valkyrie, Starfarer, etc)
- Support (ex.: Engineer, Drone operator, scanning operator, etc)
- Medic (ex.: Doctor in Apollo or endeavor. Medic in squad, etc)
*If you choose to be a pilot. You need to have the right NOVA Pilot License for it.
Due to current gameplay possibilities in game, combat role for commanders are currently not tied to a branch. However once more gameplay will be added you will need to choose a combat role from your branch. Ex.: Nova Relief commander will need to take Medical Commander as combat role.
- Wing commander (Squadron leader)
- Squad leader (FPS marines squad leader, also includes ground vehicles leader)
- Captain combat ship (ex.: Hammerhead captain, Retaliator captain, etc)
- Captain Support ship (ex.: Starfarer, Crucible, etc)
- Medical Leader (ex.: Apollo, Endeavor Hope, etc)
We highly recommend you to to choose a combat role who has gameplay already implemented in the game. You can always change your combat role later on.